Unwins Pea Delikett (Sugar Snap) Seeds - Bumper Pack - 220 Seeds
Delikett Pea is a Sugar Snap pea meaning it has an edible pod. The pods are crunchy, juicy ans very sweet. The pods can reach up to 8cm long. Best eaten young and are fantastic eaten raw, steamed or stir-fried. The plant is approx 75cm tall and will require support when growing. Easy to grow and produces large yields. Peas can be frozen if required and used throughout the year.
Peas Growing Tips
- Prior to planting soak the dried seeds in water so encourage quicker germination.
- Sow oudoors from April-June
- Plant in well drained soil in full sun that has been prepared a few weeks in advance by incorporating compost/manure/fertiliser. Do not plant in freshly manured soil.
- Make a broad flat bottomed drill 5cm deep and 10cm wide and place the peas in a double row approx 4cm apart.
- Provide support for the plants to grow up and cling to eg bamboo canes.
- Harvest - July - September